Around early 1999
AT FIFTY: THE TOP CHALLENGES AND BATTLES OF MY LIFE
- Keeping the mind pure, controlling the eyes etc.
- Giving sufficient time to pray.
- Fighting anger over situations and over the way people have treated me.
- Overcoming my inability to rebuke and confront those I lead when holy-love requires I do that.
- Over-scheduling myself: saying ‘yes’ to invitations—especially to speak—without really thinking about all that is involved.
- Avoiding tough issues in YFC that could aggravate dangerously if not confronted, especially the Y-Gro-YFC relationship.
- Irritability arising from the need for patience with people, especially their slowness, and with situations that hold me back.
- Finding time, or rather making time, to help my aging parents.
- Finding time for the necessary chores of life—relating to house, finances, government requirements, visiting etc.
- Spending too much time at e-mail.
- Finding the best way to effect a transition in leadership in YFC in preparation for my handing over.
- Finding time to study and write and fighting the self-pity that arises from being unable to do this.
- Impacting my children as much as I can in the little time left before they leave home.